Callista 's Reviews > He Shall Thunder in the Sky

He Shall Thunder in the Sky by Elizabeth Peters

Feb 15, 13

bookshelves: historical-mystery, four-star-novels, con-artists
Read from February 06 to 27, 2011

*Much* better than book #11 in terms of plot, though also enjoyable because of the way the Emersons interact. This is the most caring I've ever seen them toward each other, and it's adorable. Amelia and Ramses have some especially lovely moments, but there are some nice Emerson-Ramses and Emerson-Amelia moments, as well.
Of course, there are lots of things to chuckle at, too.
The plot was deliciously complicated, and several things that seemed extraneous at first ended up being important. There was also a largely successful effort to make up for Nefret's previous lapse in judgment.
It still felt a little too long at times, a little bit padded. And I do have to wonder where Peters goes from here, having tied up a couple of ongoing plot threads. But I'm not ready to give up on this series yet, after all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read He Shall Thunder in the Sky.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jamie I was also touched by those tender moments between Ramses and Amelia.

I thought this series was getting a little stale, until Ramses grew up. The addition of his narrative has really given the books new life.

Callista This book definitely brought more depth to the characters. And I enjoy Ramses' narrative, too.