Debbie's Reviews > Here If You Need Me: A True Story

Here If You Need Me by Kate Braestrup

Feb 19, 2009

Read in February, 2009

This is a good book. A very good book. I read it quickly and shared some of the stories with my husband and son. It made me think... which is the mark of a good book. What a wonderful thing to be able to ponder ideas and sort feelings while driving carpool, making meatloaf and doing laundry. That's why I love to read!

This book is a true story about a woman who, after losing her Maine State Patrol husband in an accident goes on to fulfil her husband's dream of becoming a Utilitarian Universalist minister. She becomes a minister and chaplin for the Maine Search and Rescue Wardens.

Interestingly, she describes herself as spiritual but not religious and the book is about her discovering the love of God through serving others, giving comfort and support to others during times of stress, trial and tragedy. It made me grateful that I am both spiritual and religious and very grounded in eternal truths. She is a wonderful writer and I liked her style.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Here If You Need Me.