Belinda's Reviews > The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead

The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks

Feb 19, 09

bookshelves: braincandy, contempopop, howto, kindle, sci-fi, spooky
Read in February, 2009

I am woefully underprepared for the zombie apocalypse. If you have a suitable fortress and/or roving group that I can join, please let me know. I can dress out game and make soap. You know you'll be wanting food and soap, right? Let's talk.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Zombie Survival Guide.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deodand (new)

Deodand You can also raise the chickens, right? You'd be quite useful.

Belinda Deodand wrote: "You can also raise the chickens, right? You'd be quite useful."

Totally. I can incubate them, hatch them, raise them, butcher them, pluck them, and cook them!

message 3: by erika (new)

erika My husband's convinced he'll go to the nearest Walmart and blockade himself (and, one hopes, me and Sophie...) inside. There's food, bathrooms and guns. Plus clothes and tv...

Belinda Oooh, he needs the Survival Guide, then. ;-) According to Brooks, grocery stores will become giant buffets for zombies!

message 5: by Quip-er-quill (last edited Mar 12, 2009 03:02PM) (new)

Quip-er-quill What we need is a nice apartment complex - knock out the stairs to the 1st floor, have couple of ladders and we'd be good to go. Hey, B, you're always saying that you're looking for some sister-wives, that would be your chance for communal living at its finest. :-P What I want to know is how you're going to get those chickens and turkeys to live in houses on stilts?

As someone whose career will become totally irrelevant in the coming Zombie Apocalypse - should I read this book? Do keep in mind that I have STILL yet to finish World War Z.

Belinda We keep the poultry on the roof. Except they'd make noise and attract the undead. Hmmmm...maybe they get their own apartment.

The Survival Guide is much more dry than the novel--it really does read like a how-to guide. Gives a little more background information on the "Solanum" virus, stuff like that.