Barbara ★'s Reviews > Savannah Blues

1968285
Mar 04, 09

bookshelves: read-2009, chick-lit, female-lead
Read in March, 2009

I picked this book up because it met one of the requirements for a reading challenge. I thought it was a mystery but it was really chick lit with a mystery back story.

Eloise Foley is divorced and living in the carriage house behind the main house that her ex-husband and his fiancee are living in. Yeah a weird situation. Eloise is a junk dealer (antiquer) and spends her time roaming from estate sale to estate sale collecting/finding junk and cleaning it up and reselling it. At one such sale, she finds a dead body and is accused of murder. At this point, you would think the book would center around this little tidbit but no it continues with Eloise and her junk finding missions. Solving the murder is a serious back story. There is barely mention of police involvement. In an effort to clear Eloise of murder, her uncle, a lawyer, actually works on finding the murderer.

A really good page turner. Not my kind of thing at all (I hate garage sales and picking through other peoples junk) but I enjoyed this book very much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Savannah Blues.

03/03/2009 page 43
10.64% "So far so good."
03/03/2009 page 190
47.03% "not much of a mystery. dead girl but no one is investigating."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rebecca Yeah... I thought it was an interesting book as well which is why i read it