Susan's Reviews > Damsel Under Stress

Damsel Under Stress by Shanna Swendson

Once again Shanna Swendson has quenched my thirst for a fun flirty read! Damsel Under Stress is just as good as its predecessors. In the third installment of the series, there is more romantic drama/turmoil in Katie and Owen's newly burgeoning relationship. This gives the novel a more serious and substantial plot than the previous two and lends a certain atmospheric quality to the story, turning an otherwise light and fluffy read into a meaningful book. Katie and Owen have always faced adversity (mostly in the form of magic,) but in Damsel Under Stress we find that along with a deepening relationship, there are other obstacles to overcome.

Damsel Under Stress leaves the reader unsure of an ultimate happy ending. From the way events transpire in book 3, there is no telling what will happen to Katie in book 4. Despite feeling a bit cheated by the unhappy ending in Damsel Under Stress, I will continue on to see just what will happen. Shanna Swendson has created characters that I truly care about - I won't give up on them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Damsel Under Stress.