David's Reviews > Killing Floor

M 50x66
Feb 19, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: completed

I'm going to read this entire series!!!

Reacher is a drifter because he is a drifter. He is a Ramboish ex-military policeman who is lost in the civilian world. He drifts because that's all he has done since he was a military brat. He's rarely had a fixed location for long and just wants to see much of the USA that he missed growing up and serving overseas.

This novel was, unlike the others I have read thus far, was written in the first person. I read on Child's website that he prefers to write in the first person but can add more tension/dramatic effect by giving some of the story that Reacher could not see or know about. I think I prefer the stuff he writes in third person because it makes Reacher's mindset more mysterious.

In this story, Reacher gets arrested and almost framed for a couple of murders. There is a conincidental factor that was a bit over-the-top for me, but other than that I enjoyed watching Reacher try to think and fight his way out of the mess as well as the unfolding of an interesting mystery.

I may burn out on these by the time I reach # 13, but right now I am more than willing to give it a go. I've made it through # 4, even if a touch out of order.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killing Floor.