Charlene's Reviews > Princess of the Silver Woods

Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George

Dec 11, 12

bookshelves: ebook, review-request
Read from December 02 to 08, 2012

I didn't realize this was the third book in a series when I started reading it, and I recommend not doing what I did and read it anyways without reading the first two. There are characters and previous events that would have been nice to know more about before reading the abbreviated version of events in this book.

The author's new take on the Twelve Dancing Princesses fairy tale is more the basis of this book - as the same events that happened in the previous books are overtaking the Princesses again. Although elements of Red Riding Hood and Robin Hood are woven in, the Princesses fairy tale is the one that gets the most intriguing makeover. This time the Princesses seem to be stronger and better prepared, making them more formidable, especially Petunia who is a fantastic, strong female character. The way the Princesses stick together, when nightmares from the King Under Stone plague them, is heartwarming and it's so great to read about how the Princesses work together to help themselves out of their predicament.

There is romance, action and fairy tale historical lore to make this a fast-paced, fun read, full of great character development. I do think I would have loved this story more if I had read the previous two and had known all the loose ends the author was tying up in this one, but on it's own this is a really enjoyable read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Princess of the Silver Woods.

12/05/2012