Sasha's Reviews > The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich

The Automatic Millionaire by David Bach

Feb 19, 2009

liked it
Recommended to Sasha by: Katrina
Recommended for: Everyone

This is a difficult book to rate. Informationally, it should get a 5. For ease of understanding, it should get a 5. But as a "good read," well, much of the first half read like an annoying infomercial and that really bugged. I also don't like phrases like "get rich."

So, it's weird that I read this book. I did so at the suggestion of a friend, otherwise I never would have given it a thought. (Thank you, Katrina!) I began skeptically, but this ended up being the very book I needed to read, for me and for my marriage. Dear Phil has been patiently waiting 15-1/2 years for me to have any inkling about finances and planning. Nothing in this book was new to him, but it was a complete revelation to me. Knowing what I now know, I am amazed that Phil has stayed married to me this long!!!!! What a real man.

This is going to be required high school reading for graduation from our homeschool. I truly wish I had understood all of this as a college student. Thankfully, Phil DID understand it as a college student and he's quietly tried to do what he could without me being "on board." Now life should get better for him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Automatic Millionaire.