Carrie Kellenberger's Reviews > The Red Tent

2048986
Mar 28, 12

bookshelves: historical-fiction, favorites, book-club
Read in September, 2004

This is easily one of the best books I've ever read. If you're a historical fiction junkie like me, you'll love Anita Diamant's loosely based first-person narrative of the story of Dinah (daughter of Jacob and sister of Joseph). Dinah plays a minor role in the Bible, but the author brings her story to life by telling this famous biblical story from Dinah's perspective and through the women of Jacob's tribe.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Red Tent.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by JoAnna (new) - added it

JoAnna I'm intrigued, but is it overtly religious?

Carrie Kellenberger It's not blatantly over the top or anything like that. I'm not in the slightest bit religious, by the way. I tend to steer clear of stuff like that. It's just a really entertaining read told from a very unique perspective.

message 3: by JoAnna (new) - added it

JoAnna I'm definitely not religious either, but it sounds like a good book. Will add it to the to-read list. Thanks for the recommendation!

Angela Yes! I loved this book and it's one of my all-time favorites. My mom loved it too. We're constantly on the search for something as good. It had everything - suspense, drama, romance and of course so much historical info. Loved this book!