Peggy Walker's Reviews > Devil Bones

Devil Bones by Kathy Reichs

F_50x66
Feb 22, 09

bookshelves: mystery, forensic, science
Recommended for: Fans of Kathy Reichs, CSI, forensic science .
Read in February, 2009

I actually learned a lot that I either didn't know or had forgotten. This is Reich's 11th Temperance Brennan book, and she spends some time telling the reader who she is, what she does, where she works, a lot about Charlotte, NC as a setting, and where she is in her life. It was helpful, actually, since I have not read the whole series, and have read in random order.[return][return]Another reviewer pointed out that she tended to end every chapter with some version of "...what happened next was going to change everything". Very cliffhanger style. I don't remember that from previous books, and wonder if this comes from working on the TV show "Bones".[return][return]At any rate, this story touches on elements of santeria, voodoo, Wicca & satanism, although she doesn't really successfully involve the story in these elements, in my judgement. I found all of the forensic details interesting, but as usual, many of her characters remain sort of hazy.[return][return]I would recommend the book to other fans and people that enjoy reading forensic details. It's a faster read than many of her earlier books which are denser & darker.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devil Bones.

02/18/2009 page 401
100%
02/18/2009 "I'm reading it on my eReader. Page numbers don't count."