Henry's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

Feb 18, 2009

bookshelves: young-adult

Since everyone is probably already familiar with the Harry Potter series and with this book in particular, I'm not going to write any sort of summary. I am just going to say that of the three I have read so far, this is by far the best.
I felt that this book had the best and well thought out story line of the series so far. But keep in mind, I have only gotten through book three. Rowling also left no stones unturned by revealing the secrets behind all of the wizardry items and people introduced in the book, unlike previous stories. I am thinking of The Marauder's Map and the Time Turner. She also tidily answered questions that were raised within the book as well such as the Shrieking Shack and the names Padfoot, Moony, Wormtail, and Prongs.

The story ending of course was left open so as to move on to the next installment, but that was expected. For me though, the ending of the story was great. Once I got to Chapter 19, I couldn't put the book down. My favorite part of the book was when Remus, Sirus, Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Snape are all in that Shrieking Shack, and you finally get to learn a lot of key information about Harry's past.

I am usually judicious with my 5 star rating, but this book deserves more than just four stars. Since I can't give a 1/2 star I am going to give it the full 5. I thought the book suspenseful, mysterious and of course adventurous.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

02/27/2009 page 148