Abigail's Reviews > If I Stay

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

F 50x66
Jun 23, 09

I dont usually write reviews for books but i just felt like some things had to be said about this book. This is one of those books that I'm going to have to go back to continuously just to reread one part that made me laugh out loud or made me want to rip my heart out.
When i put this book on my to-read list quite some time ago, it was because of the bit of romantic prospect in it. After I have read this book, however, I've realized that the love between Mia and Adam is not by any means the best part of this book. Of course, I did love their relationship and their honesty with each other. And I loved the idea that he was the punk rock cool guy who fell in love with a completely nerdy chello player and still considers her to be the coolest girl he knows. I loved it.

But the real emotion i felt here was the sense of love between a family. Even with Henry and Willow (who were my favorite characters by the way) there was a sense of family and how many people love her. Her parents were amazingly written. Just beautiful people who felt so real i could've sworn i met them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Stay.