Sarah's Reviews > The Alleluia Files

The Alleluia Files by Sharon Shinn

2046916
Feb 18, 09

** spoiler alert ** Much better than Jovah's Angel and better than Archangel. For once, I couldn't entirely guess which people/angels would end up together and how the end would turn out. The beginning, however, was sloooooww. The characters were each well drawn, save for Jared, whom I kept expecting to get overthrown by his own relatives and/or Bael since he was never home. Also, Lucinda's characterization seemed a little inconsistent towards the end of the book.

The oracles' method of passing down the secrets only on their deathbed seemed ridiculously ineffective, and indeed the secrets were not surprisingly lost after only 2 generations. Why wouldn't they have an apprentice?

It is curious given what we learn about the Jansai and what Gabriel did about them in Angel Seeker, hundreds of years before this book, that they do not improve from said spanking but rather apparently develop into the Taliban. It would be interesting to see another book written during that time period to develop the logic.

Despite the questions, the last half of the book was very compelling.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alleluia Files.