Debra's Reviews > Ghost Planet

Ghost Planet by Sharon Lynn Fisher

Dec 01, 2012

bookshelves: science-fiction, romance, ghosts, paranormal
Read in December, 2012

I must say, this is the first book in ages I have read in less than 24 hours. (Try 12.) This book is almost like George Clooney's "Solaris," with alien entities materializing (for the most part) as colonists' deceased loved ones as an attempt at attachment, and the havoc that can wreak on one's psyche. But after reading about the romantic component to all this, I was intrigued. I have a feeling some turned to this book for mostly sci-fi, when the mix is more like 60% scifi/40% romance. At least it doesn't use the same 20-odd euphemisms for sex and body parts that almost all romances do--in fact, if some people hope this might be the scifi equivalent of a good ol' bodice-ripper with graphic sex scenes, they might be a bit disappointed. (There are some sex scenes, but brief and only somewhat graphic.) The guy's not a scoundrel, the gal's not a feisty spitfire who deep-down wants to be dominated by a man. I don't think this is planned as a part of a series; if there were a sequel, it would be interesting to see what other characters would be included.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghost Planet.