Donna's Reviews > Firefly Lane

Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah

Mar 11, 2009

Read in February, 2009

This was a good women/friendship book. I enjoyed reading about a friendship that lasted/survived 30 years. The reader follows Tilly, who has a loving family and is practical , and Kate,who yearns for the love of her drug addicted mother. Kate and Tilly become fast best friends and as in all friendships, balance each other out. Tilly is conservative whereas Kate is impulsive; Kate sets high goals for herself and insists that Tilly follow along. The love starved girl finds acceptance and love from a family that she yearns for and the shy, lonely girl blossoms into a beautiful and popular young woman.

The plot is predictable - one friend will become a successful career woman and the other a wife and mother. The questions that has plagued all women for
decades " Can we have it all?" "Did I chose the right life path after all?"

I enjoyed reading Firefly Lane because of the cultural references to the 70s, 80s eras. I laughed and cried reading about the friends' journey through life.

This book is all about the friendship of two girls/women and how it changes and evolves through the years. Best friends are there for us through the good times and bad. It's about compromise and acceptance and still loving her when you can see her faults. We can get through anything if we have our best friends besides us through the journey.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Firefly Lane.