Michael's Reviews > Beyond Belief: Finding the Strength to Come Back

Beyond Belief by Josh Hamilton

M 50x66
Feb 18, 09

When reading this book, the emotions I felt were disappointing, when he let down his parent by making wrong decisions. I was encouraged when Josh Hamilton finely chose to come clean from drugs. I kept reading this book to find out how and when Josh would get well enough to be able to play baseball again. The part of the book that got my attention the most is when he started to get tattoos to fill his loneliness. Another part of the book that got my attention was when Josh tried many times to get clean from drugs and those programs failed. The only way that worked for him was to trust God and rely on God’s strength to get him off of drugs. My favorite quote from this book is from Katie, Josh wife, telling Josh, “God spoke to my soul and told me someday you’re going to be back playing baseball. Josh, there’s a bigger plan for you. When you come back, it’s going to be about more than baseball.” This quote actually comes true in his life. The character that was my favorite was Josh’s Grandma. She always had faith in him, even when he did not have faith in himself. Josh’s Grandma is the one person who helped him get well and also invested time in him. My least favorite character was Josh Hamilton at the beginning. He made many stupid decisions that got him in trouble. If this book was made into a movie I would have the actor be Matthew McConaughey to play the part as Josh Hamilton. The ending was easy to predict because I knew his story and have seen him play baseball for the Texas Rangers. I would recommend this book to any sport fans who are interested how a life can be changed. Josh Hamilton wrote this book to show how you can turn around your life, even in the worst of times.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond Belief.