Juanita's Reviews > The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe

2042662
Mar 25, 09

bookshelves: non-fiction, spirituality
Read in March, 2009

I appreciated the rigor into which the author went to explain how the foundations of our current understanding of science is on the verge of change. However as I don't have a strong background in science, I found her explanations difficult to understand, even though this was her attempt to explain complex concepts into layman's terms. I finished around three quarters of this book before deciding to shelve it.

This book certainly was a good conversation piece about how scientific research in the western world is very much about belief and less around scientific fact. The author illustrated how when accomplished, respected scientists discover information that goes against what is accepted as the status quo - that these scientists are often blacklisted from scientific journals and top universities.

A good read for those who want to stretch their understanding about the universe. This reminded of when I was in highschool and tried to read " A brief history of time" - i found it interesting, but very difficult to fully grasp.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Field.