jenjn79's Reviews > A Delicious Taboo

A Delicious Taboo by Jennifer Cole

Feb 18, 2009

bookshelves: format-ebook, 2009, genre-romance-erotic, info-full, reviewed, theme-bi-menage-hea, published-2008, stars-4
Recommended to jenjn79 by: random ebook pick
Read in February, 2009

An interesting, very hot short story about a rather alternative relationship. I liked it a lot, though I really wish it had been longer! But for a short story, it was one of the better ones I've read.

In this book, you've got two m/m couples: Calen and Van, and Phillip and Jake. All four are friends, but are in committed relationships with their chosen partner. Then a new bartender starts at the local gay/bi night club. They're all drawn to Melanie, a quiet loner. Each couple independently decides they want to invite Melanie to be their third, but theirs two groups of them, and one Melanie. So they decide to let who choose who she wants.

Only problem? Melanie has secretly lusted after ALL FOUR men since she started working at the club - didn't matter that she believed they were gay, she wanted them. But when the proposition her, she believes they are teasing. That is, until all four invite her to a barbecue that gets sizzling hot. They enjoy a sex-free-for-all weekend, but all too soon, Melanie's insecurities and the fact that two different couples want her tears them apart. The men must find a way to work it out for all of them.

...which ends up being that both couples get Melanie and they all live happily ever after. Definitely and alternative relationship, there. And yeah, not quite a believable scenario. I'm not sure how Melanie was able to move after all the lovin' she got in this book. It helps a little that the men had themselves to turn to for satisfaction, but all 4 often wanted Melanie. That girl had to be worn out!

Still, it was a fun, very hot book to read. I really wish it had been longer, though! I wanted to know more about the characters, more development of the relationship and all that. I just thought there was a potential for a great longer story here. And I'm always a fan of stories with depth.

For a short story, though, it was a good one. Some super hot sex, an interesting alternative relationship, good characters, engaging writing...it made it a very readable story that I enjoyed. I look forward to reading the sequel when I get a chance (A Delicious Taboo Plus Two).

WARNING, this book contains: explicit sex, explicit language, m/m/m/m/f group sex, m/m sex, anal sex, and a polyamorous relationship
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Delicious Taboo.