Christoph Fischer's Reviews > Jackie Blue

Jackie Blue by T.G. Davis

Nov 30, 12

Read from November 29 to 30, 2012

“Jackie Blue” is a private investigator in LA who has just landed her first case. During the investigation regarding jewellery and insurance fraud she stumbles across the first of several dead bodies, leading to a much more complex set up than she has bargained for.
Her character is instantly likeable and interesting and the plot of her investigation moves swiftly along while Jackie has all hands full with her own busy social life. There is her hunky ex-boyfriend, a new potential love interest, her landlady (my favourite) and a colourful family to make this a rich and quirky novel.
The story is well plotted and entertaining, the life-like dialogue is well placed and technically it would be hard to fault the book for its many achievements. I felt however that the book was written for an audience other than myself, who has a (probably morbid) preference for heavy and serious fiction, and I would have liked the investigator Jackie to be a little bit more feminist and independent from the gun handling men in her surroundings.
This is the first in a planned series of Jackie Blue novels and I hope to see her come into her own in future instalments.
4 out of 5
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jackie Blue.