Barb's Reviews > You Remind Me of Me

Feb 17, 09

bookshelves: contemporary-fiction, read-in-2009
Read in February, 2009

What if?

If his mother had gotten treatment for her mental illness, his life would have been different, he would have made different choices, had different relationships with the people in his life and this would have been a different story...

This is the 'what if?' book. What if the parents had been more careful about their bad habits? What if the teenage mother had kept her first child? What if she had stayed with her stable boyfriend? There were many 'what if's? to ask in this story. I think about these kinds of 'what if's? sometimes for myself and my children.

I thought the characters were believable, the interwoven story-lines were realistic and the author created a tension for the reader who keeps wondering how things will turn out.

I thought this was the opposite of chick lit...maybe dick lit? It was heavy on the male characters; fathers, brothers and sons. I can see how some people would love this. I thought it was a very quick and easy read. It just didn't resonate with me so that's why I'm giving it three stars and not four.

I think people who like short stories would probably like this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Remind Me of Me.