Betty's Reviews > One of Those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies

One of Those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies by Sonya Sones

Feb 17, 2009

I thought this was a good book. I would recommend this book to teenagers because they are the only ones who would understand it. This book is about a girl named Ruby whos father is a movie star. She wasant raised with him and her mother died so she lives with her aunt. Her aunt sends her to stay with her dad. Ruby hates the idea of moving to L.A to live with her dad who hasant had contact with her since she was born. She thinks of him as a traitor and calls him funny names like sperm donor. She doesent treat him so nice even though he tries so hard to get along with her.he pleases her with EVERYTHING any teenage girl would want. Since hes a very famous actor he has a huge mantion and buys her clothes, shoes, jewlery, and all sorts of over the top stuff. She absolutely loves everything he buys her but she kind of takes it as like if hes buying her love and attention for all the years hes been away from her. And she prefers to feel his love for her rather than just pleasing her. My favorite character was Ruby. My least favorite character is Amber because she tries to get with rubys boyfriend back at home where her friends are. The part where Ruby and her dad finally get along caught my attention. I kept on reading this book because I wanted to find out if Ruby would ever get along with her dad and if her friends would go visit her. This book made me feel sad sometimes because if I had to move far away from home and from my friends I would be very deppresed. But I would LOVE the famous dad part. Ruby is kind of funny to she made me giggle.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One of Those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies.