Dina's Reviews > Tempting the Beast

May 11, 11

bookshelves: erotica-romantica, paranormal-romance, series-breeds
Recommended to Dina by: Melissab
Read in March, 2009

This book was better than I'd expected. I really liked the story around the Breeds "creation" - it was a bit out there sometimes but, hey, it's PNR so not everything has to make complete sense, right? LOL

As for the very steamy sex scenes, the barb thing was too weird for me, but I somehow managed to "erase" it from my mind... I think.

Even though I've only read this one book so far, I feel I'm going to become addicted to this series. I just have got to know what's going to happen with all the Breeds and how/when the Council will be defeated for good!

The good thing about discovering a series so late is, I've got a huge backlist to track down and keep me entertained for a long, long time... :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempting the Beast.

03/11/2009 page 1
03/11/2009 page 16
5.63% "I´v just "met" Callan. All I can say is, WOW! :)"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

MelissaB I am glad you liked it Dina! I love the series!

Dina Thanks for recommending it to me! I´m going to buy the next books in the series tomorrow. :)

But I´ve got one "complaint": EC covers are too ugly for words, LOL.

MelissaB Some of them suck but for some reason I really like the guy on the Elizabeth's Wolf cover - and I usually don't like to have faces on my covers. The guy on Soul Deep kind of freaks me out. I like the Berkley covers much better.

Dina I´m going to get the EC books as e-books, so it´s going to be easier to ignore the covers. :)

MelissaB Good idea, it's much cheaper. Elloras Cave has most of them in ebook.

Ariel the barb is the "tame" version of the knot. just saying.

and with the covers, i love having the faces with with the people inside the cover.

Dina I'm used to the barb now, LOL. The knot still freaks me out, though.

Karyn The series gets better Dina. There are some books in between which i thought were a bit meh, but theres actually a pretty good storyline beneath all those steamy sex scenes

Dina Karyn, this is actually an "old" review that I updated to correct some mistakes. :) I've already read the following books in the series and gone through all the stages of emotion (meh, like, love, hate, meh again...) The last one I read was Lion's Heat, just because it was Jonas' book and I love him to death. As of now, I don't know if I'll keep reading the series, because LL's editing errors really annoyed me in the last books. Time will tell...

Ariel apparently LL is slowly re-releasing her ellora cave ones with her new publisher and fixing them up

message 11: by Dina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dina Fixing them up? Hmmm, I'll believe it when I see it... Her lastest releases were full of editing errors too, so it's hard to believe she's changed, LOL.

Ariel dang. i haven't read her recents yet. still on ellora.

message 13: by Dina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dina Her editing errors are her trademark. I have fun with them - most of the time, anyway - and love to rant about them, LOL.

MelissaB Yeah, I can't imagine her "editing" anything, she would make them worse at this point.