Christine's Reviews > Jealous?

Jealous? by Melissa de la Cruz

Mar 26, 2009

bookshelves: 7th-grade-ir-books-stacy
Read in March, 2009

This book is a sequel of The Ashleys.It seems like everyone at Miss Gamble's Academy is jealous of the Ashleys, including that dorky Lauren Page, who is still trying to fight her way to the top. So, basically, there's a lot going on this February for A.A., Lili, and Ashley Spencer, the three girls who make up the popular clique "The Ashleys". Then, a new website called "ashleyrank.com" pops up out of nowhere, and people start following it like a 90's boy band. This site that ranks the seventh-grade girls at Miss Gamble's by smile, style, intelligence, and social presence opens a window for all of the Ashleys: Lili and A.A. find a way to overthrow Ashley, Lauren finds a way to finally get "in" with the popular crowd, and Ashley finds a way to keep her queen bee status and push everyone else out of the way. Plus there's boy trouble, catfights, and a whole lot of drama in this book.

I can connect to this book with a text to self connection because I would be like want to be on the Honor award board too like Lili and I wouldn't think of that as a "lame thing" what Ashley Spencer do isn't fair to Lili or A.A. It's like she's taking over their life, in order for Lili and A.A to be stop treating like that,it's right for Lili and A.A to fight over Ashley Spencer to be the leader of the clique.

I rate this book 5 stars because the sequel to this book was so amazing when i read the 1st book I knew that the 2nd book would also be interesting. I can feel that Melissa de la Cruz had spend a lot of time to write this book using depth of thought and specific details about cliques. it attracts me to read the series.I recommend this book to girls who likes book about cliques, and drama books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jealous?.