Mounica's Reviews > This Lullaby

This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen

Dec 15, 09

bookshelves: young-adult, luuvvved-it, absolute-favorites

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Lullaby.

Quotes Mounica Liked

“Wherever you will go,
I will let you down,
But this lullaby goes on.”

Sarah Dessen
“Love is needing someone. Love is putting up with someone's bad qualities because they somehow complete you.”

Sarah Dessen
“Right now, though, I wanted not to think forward or backward, but only to lose myself in the words.”

Sarah Dessen
“Some things don't last forever, but some things do. Like a good song, or a good book, or a good memory you can take out and unfold in your darkest times, pressing down on the corners and peering in close, hoping you still recognize the person you see there.”

Sarah Dessen
“What did it feel like, I wondered, to love someone that much? So much that you couldn't even control yourself when they came close, as if you might just break free of whatever was holding you and throw yourself at them with enough force to easily overwhelm you both.”

Sarah Dessen
“You know, when it works, love is pretty amazing. It's not overrated. There's a reason for all those songs.”

Sarah Dessen
“Everything, in the end, comes down to timing. One second, one minute, one hour could make all the difference.”

Sarah Dessen
“And for one second, it was like I could feel the timing clicking together, finally pieces falling into place.”

Sarah Dessen
“Remy: Did you really believe, that first day, that we were meant to be together?

Dexter: You're here, aren't you?”

Sarah Dessen
“That's what this has been all about for you, correct? Make it clear. That you and me--it was nothing more that you'll have with Spinnerbait boy, or the guy after that, or the guy after that. Right?"
"Yeah, I said, shrugging. "You're right."
He just stood there, looking at me, as if I had actually changed before his eyes. But this was the girl I'd been all along. I'd just hidden her well.”

Sarah Dessen
“I just thought to my self, all of a sudden, that we had something in common. A natural chemistry, if you will. And I had a feeling that something big was going to happen. To both of us. That we were, in fact, meant to be together.”

Sarah Dessen
“This Lullaby is only a few words, a simple run of chords, quiet here in this spare room, but you can hear it, hear it, wherever you may go, even if I let you down, this lullaby plays on...”

Sarah Dessen
“Holding people away from you, and denying yourself love, that doesn't make you strong. if anything, it makes you weaker. Because you're doing it out of fear.”

Sarah Dessen
“I meant what I said to you. I wasn't playing some kind of summer game. Everything I said was true, from the first day. EVERY GODDAMN WORD.”

02/17/2009 page 1
0.29% "God, I think I'm in a reading-all-Sarah-Dessen-books-phase. ;)"
show 1 hidden update…