Todd's Reviews > The Mysterious Island

The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne

1908146
Feb 22, 09

Read in February, 2009

I think overall this is a stellar book, if you like swashbuckling adventures that have it all!-with a little bit of mystery of course and a lot of science.
It takes a bit of work to get into but true to Verne's nature, he is extremely descriptive, and loses no time in settling into the day to day of the characters lives.
The book pretty much takes on an ease of read around 100 pages then rolls at almost the same pace for another 300, after that there is lots more action, and the mystery comes into play. I have to say the twist in the book kinda weirded me out for a little bit....what is the mystery, what is it???, exciting stuff.
The result and outcome of the story will have Verne fans pretty satisfied i would think, but might seem a little contrived to a reader not familiar with Verne? ...not sure just an opinion.
Anyways, i found the book highly enjoyable, was hard to put down after awhile, hope you like it to.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mysterious Island.

02/16/2009 page 300