Raymond Hernandez's Reviews > Z for Zachariah

Z for Zachariah by Robert C. O'Brien

2035142
Feb 16, 09

Recommended to Raymond by: Fort Mill High School
Recommended for: anyone who just wants to read a disappointing book

This story is about a girl who survived the war and is (from her observation) the only person left on the planet. Her parents and brothers went off to see if there were anymore survivors, but they didn’t return. Now she lives everyday of life alone and thinking that she is the only human left on Earth. Until one day she spotted smoke from a distant campfire which was cause by another human. Now she is afraid and excited because she doesn’t if this man/woman is harmless or untrustworthy.
What I think about this story I think that it was one of the most disappointing s piece of literature that I ever read in my life. What I mainly dislike about this book was first, the style of the writing is in journal form and, in my opinion, is the most boring type of writing style there is. Second, the ending was completely dumb and pointless and thirdly, I just did not like the protagonist at all mainly because she doesn’t have the guts to stand up for herself. So in other words, due to its intangible plot and rather boring characters, it did not meet my expectations.
However, there was one part in the story that was my favorite part. It was the scene where Dr. Loomis tried to rape her. Now before you say anything, I’m not a pervert or a weirdo. The reason why I liked this part was how dumb and lame it was. This scene was lamer than the Samurai Pizza Cats. In conclusion, I did not read this book out of interest, I had to read it for my summer reading book at school.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Z for Zachariah.

message 1: by bin (new) - rated it 1 star

bin hahaha, yes I've been looking down this page to see if there was anyone who didn't give it a 3 or higher. There is absolutley no character development at all, so in the end when Loomis told her that there was a possibility of another place being untainted, she was all "Oh, okay I totally believe you even though you attempted to rape me and enslave me" like he just suddenly became a really genuine person.