Lesa Jones's Reviews > The People Vs. Cashmere

The People Vs. Cashmere by Karen     Williams

Apr 20, 09

bookshelves: i-borrow, read-it

** spoiler alert ** Ms. Karen Williams has done it again. I read Harlme On Lock so I had to read this book and I was on the edge of my seat the whole book. Parts of the book was crazy some parts had me laughing and other parts sad.

This book is about Cashmere and her family her mom, dad and sister Desiree.

Well after a freak accident with her dad Cashmere whole life turned upside down. From her sister sleeping with god only knew to her mom not caring about her dad enough to take care of him. Cashemere had to do it all take care of her dad, clean, cook and go to school. Until one day the mom just up and left living them to live with there aunt who wasn't all that good to either one of them. They had to sell crack and strip to pay the aunt and to pay for they dad to stay in the home he was in.

Cashmere started to see more of her sister Desiree her sister wasn't no good sleeping with her boyfriend to getting her to be a ho.
That's where they pimp Black came in. He put Cashemere over Desiree he had feelings for her as he say he did.

Cashmere and her sister Desiree end up having a falling out fight at there dads nursing home because Desiree wanted to pull the plug on there daddy. That lead Cashmere to accidently kill her sister.

So she ends up in jail not caring about anything at the beinning but, it all changed when she meet Ms. Hope. She was one of the women that worked on the jail floor. She had a lot of kind words to say that lead Cashmere to think twice about her life.

Don't want to say way to much I think I said, to much now lol. But, overally book was great. Karen Williams has done it again. I will have to say she is one of my favorite authors. I will totally have to look for more of her books in the future. :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The People Vs. Cashmere.

04/18/2009 page 50
04/19/2009 page 95
34.8% 1 comment
04/19/2009 page 161
58.97% "Its very crazy what Cashmere is going thou at a young age. Her sister Desiree is a "B" in all words."
04/20/2009 page 238
87.18% "It has taking a very bad turn for Cashmere after the accident with her sister but, it is starting to get a bit better for Cashmere."
show 2 hidden updates…