Samantha's Reviews > The Dead Girls' Dance

The Dead Girls' Dance by Rachel Caine

Feb 16, 09

bookshelves: 2009, ebook-own
Read in February, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Ok, I decided to read this 2nd installment after liking the first, even with a few reservations. TDGD has not added anything new to the mix for me. I'll list my arguments:

1. Claire has known Shane, Eve, and Michael for less than a month and she's willing to sign her life away. I'm not saying love is measured by how long you know someone, but come on! She's 16!

2. This girl has dreams of going to MIT (=eventually leaving town) when she just keeps on digging deeper into this town's secrets when she knows people have been killed for less. She's never going anywhere and frankly that's just depressing, especially since she can't see it.

3. This book is about teenagers, I get that. Teenagers just aren't going to have much say in the rules. It just gets really old watching everything happen TO them. If you think about the grand scheme of the story they really aren't the people you want to hear more about.

GETS OLD! Needless to say I probably won't continue with this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead Girls' Dance.

Katie i disagree with your review..It's more than your described plot line..

'Book plot consists of: have a nice happy dinner together = Claire and/or Eve to Michael and/or Shane "You can't tell me what to do!" = C&E either get locked in a room or leave and get caught (repeat 3 or 4 times) = vampire comes along makes big appearance and they live to see another dinner of chili or tacos.'

Jessie I completely agree, Samantha. I agree- they're kids, so of course they don't have much influence over things, but I'd like some kind of power from my characters and not just "Amelie said this to them- Oliver did this to them- Bitchy Monica did something bitchy." All they do is react, which makes me not care.