Shawna's Reviews > Real Men Last All Night

Real Men Last All Night by Lori Foster

Aug 28, 09

bookshelves: erotic-romance-erotica-romantica, romantic-suspense, cheyenne-mccray-jaymie-holland, lora-leigh, lori-foster, anthologies-novellas-shorts, heidi-betts, why-do-good-girls-like-bad-boys, cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, made-me-cry, hero-alpha‎, hero-bad-boy-playboy, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, sizable-packages, 2009-reads, badasses-hunks-in-leather, bikers-sexy-as-sin, contemporary-romance, friends-to-lovers, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, im-a-cover-hottie-ho, reunions-are-sweeter-second-chances, heroine-i-adore, series-lexi-steele, i-read-no-longer-own-sold-swapped, tattoos-piercings-body-art, small-town-lovin, 4-to-5-stars
Recommended for: Fans of contemporary erotic romance; Lora Leigh fans
Read in August, 2009

4 ½ stars – Contemporary Romance/Erotica Anthology

Real Men Last All Night is a steamy anthology featuring four solid, sexy contemporary stories by three established erotic romance authors and a promising newcomer.

Cooper’s Fall by Lora Leigh
Ex-Army Ranger Ethan Cooper owns a bad-ass biker bar in a small Texas town and enjoys his no-strings-attached, love ‘em-and-leave ‘em, bad-boy lifestyle. He suddenly finds his life turned upside down and his hardened, cold heart turned inside out when he finds himself lusting after his quiet, innocent, prim and proper neighbor, Miss Sarah Fox. This was a smokin’ hot read and my favorite out of the four. I loved Sarah’s character, and her yearning and loneliness brought tears to my eyes. I really loved this story. I don’t think it’s related to any of Leigh’s previous works, but I hope it’s the beginning of a potential new series, or at least that there will be more stories about Cooper’s former Ranger buddies. 5 stars.

Luring Lucy by Lori Foster
This is a friends-to-lovers story about a widow who goes to her family vacation home in hopes of moving on from past anger and grief over the loss of her cheating, deceased husband and to have a fling to slake her loneliness and yearning. When her longtime friend (and her husband’s best friend) Bram insists on being the only man to give her what she needs, Lucy finds herself in a hot, passionate, emotion-filled affair that shakes the foundation of their relationship, especially when Bram wants and demands everything from her. I’ve heard great things about author Lori Foster, but this was my first read by her. It’s a sexy story and I liked it, but I think it’s one of those that really needed a bit more length to fully develop. Still, it deserves a high rating for luscious, sexy, stud-on-a-stick-with-size, Bram if for no other reason! 4.5 stars.

The Edge of Sin by Cheyenne McCray
Zane Steele in a leading undercover operative for a clandestine government agency called RED (Recovery Enforcement Division). He’s never allowed himself to get close to anyone or to have a real relationship because of the serious dangers of his job and the risk of potential threats of retaliation. When he meets spirited grad student Willow, he feels an immediate connection and explosive attraction and finds himself caring and contemplating something serious for the first time in his life. When his enemies threaten Willow, will Zane fight for what they have together, or let her go? This is loosely tied to McCray’s Lexi Steele series, and I enjoyed it, even though I didn’t really care for The First Sin. 4 stars.

Wanted: A Real Man by Heidi Betts
Claire abandoned her high school sweetheart and escaped her tiny hometown to make a better life for herself. Now, ten years later, she seeks him out to enlist his help to find her kidnapped nine-year-old daughter (their daughter). Her former flame, U.S. Marshal Linc Rappaport, has harbored ten years of hurt, bitterness, anger, and betrayal over Claire’s desertion, and now he finds out that she kept his daughter a secret from him all these years. Regardless of his mixed, tumultuous feelings for Claire, he vows to help find their daughter, but being close to her again after suffering for ten long years makes Linc want to claim what’s his once and for all. This was an okay story and it covered the gamut of raw emotions, but the change from hate to lust to love felt really abrupt and unrealistic. Also, Claire’s reasoning for leaving and staying away from Linc seemed stupid and shallow, and it didn’t paint her in a very favorable light. 3.5-4 stars.

Overall, it's an entertaining, smokin’ hot contemporary erotic romance anthology with four sexy, satisfying stories about hunky alpha heroes who can “last all night” and the strong women who love them. 4 ½ stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Real Men Last All Night.

08/24/2009 page 101
28.06% "I loved the first story by Lora Leigh...a great start!"
08/27/2009 page 270
75.0% "Three smokin' hot stories down, one to go! Not enough time for reading so far this week."
08/27/2009 page 360
100.0% "Four out of four great, hot stories!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura You'll love this one, Shawna!

Author of Erotica and Paranormal Romance Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (excerpts from all of my novels)
http://laura-stamps8.livejournal.com (my naughty Author Blog/updated daily)

Shawna I can't wait! I was glad to hear that you enjoyed it so much...cause I know I will too then! :)

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura Did you read my review? I am loving this series! This one was the best yet IMO. Can't wait for the next one to come out. So far Lora Leigh and Lori Foster have had a novella in every anthology in the series (I think). The other two authors change from book to book.

Author of Erotica and Paranormal Romance Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (excerpts from all of my novels)
http://laura-stamps8.livejournal.com (my naughty Author Blog/updated daily)

message 4: by southpaw285 (new)

southpaw285 Great reivew, Shawna.

Auntee Making it sound great, Shawna!:) I'll have to bump this one up--I keep forgetting that I have it.
And what's this? No Lori Foster for you before this book? I think you'll looove her stuff. She's the author who started me down this crazy path (okay, one of them)!:)

message 6: by Shawna (last edited Aug 28, 2009 08:15PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shawna Auntee wrote: "Making it sound great, Shawna!:) I'll have to bump this one up--I keep forgetting that I have it.

Thanks, Auntee! I bet you'll love it! Yep, yet another author to add to my list!

Shawna southpaw285 wrote: "Great reivew, Shawna."

Thanks!

message 8: by Rane (new)

Rane Awesome Review Shawna!
Question: is Cooper’s Fall by Lora Leigh a re-release?

message 9: by Dina (new)

Dina Great review, Shawna! I think I've already read Foster's novella - it was previously released in the anthology Hot and Bothered - and I didn't like it very much.

Shawna Rane wrote: "Awesome Review Shawna!
Question: is Cooper’s Fall by Lora Leigh a re-release?"

I think it's a new story and unrelated to any of Leigh's previous works/series, but I'm not 100% sure. And I couldn't find out from her website either.

Laura/Auntee, do either of you know?

Shawna Dina wrote: "Great review, Shawna! I think I've already read Foster's novella - it was previously released in the anthology Hot and Bothered - and I didn't like it very much."

Thanks for the info Dina! That way I don't buy Hot and Bothered without realizing it's got a story that I've already read! What a smokin' hot cover though...yowza!

I liked Luring Lucy, but it seemed a bit rushed and forced, but I really loved Bram's character!

message 12: by MelissaB (last edited Aug 29, 2009 03:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

MelissaB Auntee,

The fourth story in this anthology has a hero and heroine from Butler PA, plus the hero still lives in Pittsburgh. I didn't really buy the way the area was represented but I am not from Butler (or originally from Pittsburgh) so maybe it's different than I think. I didn't like the fact that the heroine ran away to California and never told the hero about his child which is one of my biggest pet peeves in a romance. Plus if the girl wanted better out of life than living in Bulter it would have made more sense for her to move to Pittsburgh and go to college, so I think I just didn't like her actions in this story very much.

I really liked the Lora Leigh story though I still want to know how a heroine from Italy did not have an Italian accent - that is a mystery to me.

Shawna I agree, the heroine of Wanted: A Real Man made some silly, shallow choices.

HAhaHAha...That's so true...I wondered about Sarah in Cooper's Fall not having an Italian accent too!

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura Shawna, I said in my review of this anthology that I thought the Leigh novella was a stand-alone and not related to any of her other series. That made it a real treat for me. Something different, ya know? ;)

Paranormal Erotica Novelist

Shawna Laura wrote: "Shawna, I said in my review of this anthology that I thought the Leigh novella was a stand-alone and not related to any of her other series. That made it a real treat for me. Something different,..."

Thanks! That's what I thought too, but I wasn't 100% sure. I agree, it was a treat for me too! :)

message 16: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Fabulous review Shawna!

I've read several reviews on this one today - it's always fun to see the various thoughts and opinions. But I have to say I really enjoyed the first 2 books in this series and can't wait to read this one. =)

message 17: by Auntee (last edited Sep 10, 2009 01:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Auntee Melissab wrote: "Auntee,

Whoa, how did I miss this post? Really Melissa? Butler? How odd--the author must have some sort of connection to Butler. Maybe she's a fan of Brett Michaels--I think he's from Butler!:)

I'll have to bump this one up--I'm curious to see how Butler is represented!

*I just checked her website and it says she lives in central PA--maybe she's originally from Pitt.?

Shawna Tammy wrote: "Fabulous review Shawna!

Thanks, Tammy! I hope you enjoy this one too! :)

MelissaB Auntee wrote: "Melissab wrote: "Auntee,

That is pretty cool!

I think I read that Sandra Hill lived in State College which is cool if it's true.

Downtown is crazy right now because of the game and concerts!

Auntee Are you going to be 'trapped' down there Melissa or do you want to be?:)
All you have to do is say "fireworks" and you know there will be thousands there! Add Tim McGraw, the Black Eyed Peas and the Steelers, and you'll have one mother of a traffic jam!
Nice night for all that though!
I will be watching from the comfort of my home...:)

MelissaB Auntee wrote: "Are you going to be 'trapped' down there Melissa or do you want to be?:)

No I was on my way out then, I am home now. Though I wouldn't mind seeing Tim McGraw, he is a hottie!

Auntee Melissab wrote: "Auntee wrote: "Are you going to be 'trapped' down there Melissa or do you want to be?:)

I hear ya!:)

message 23: by Dina (new)

Dina Melissab wrote: "Though I wouldn't mind seeing Tim McGraw, he is a hottie!"

Beware of Faith Hill, she's a very jealous and possessive wife! ;)

Auntee Ha-ha! She is!!:)

MelissaB Dina wrote: "Melissab wrote: "Though I wouldn't mind seeing Tim McGraw, he is a hottie!"

Beware of Faith Hill, she's a very jealous and possessive wife! ;)"

I would only look, not touch!

message 26: by Dina (new)

Dina Look, Faith, no hands! (LOL)

Auntee Whoa--he just went into the crowd--I was fully expecting someone to 'grope' him--looks like he made it through with no one touching him below the waist!:)