Mark's Reviews > 90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death & Life

90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper

Feb 16, 2009

liked it
Read in February, 2009

This book is Don Piper's true story of his death in an automobile accident, 90 minutes spent in Heaven, return to Earth and subsequent life. It is interesting from several perspectives.
First, and most obvious, if you believe that he actually went to Heaven then we are in for a treat, to say the least.
Second, his recounting of years of recovery (34 operations) from terrible injuries just to establish a new "normal" that doesn't include doing most things we take for granted shows how hard it is for people with severe pain to cope.
Third, his description of the effect on his family (wife and three children) shows how others cope with the experience.
Finally, Mr. Piper's struggle to understand why God would show him Heaven then send him back and to try to discern his purpose for being back among the "living" can help us realize that good comes in many forms and from many experiences, even horrible ones.
This is a quick read and I recommend it to anyone who wonders what our next place in Eternity is like.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 90 Minutes in Heaven.