Vaughn Roycroft's Reviews > Temping Is Hell

Temping Is Hell by Cathy Yardley

Dec 08, 2012

Read from November 27 to December 08, 2012

Temping Is Hell is one Helluva Ride!
Talk about your page-turners! The pace of this book gets rolling early and accelerates relentlessly. Most everyone will identify with the heroine, Kate O’Hara, an outsider who’s made mistakes but for all the right reasons. She’s the like the friend we all wish we had, if not the kind of person we all wish we were a bit more like. Even Kate’s boss Thomas, a handsome millionaire who’s sold his soul, is surprisingly relatable and even likeable.

And Kate is not only loveable, but hilarious! I found myself laughing often as she navigated the twists and turns of her increasingly complex role at her Fiendish corporate workplace. There are good and bad demons, Japanese onimyoji mystics, and it turns out damnation is much like a pyramid scheme, and yet Yardley easily held my disbelief in suspension. The stakes continue to ramp up, becoming all but frenetic during the culminating action, and yet Yardley masterfully brings the story home for a smooth landing, leaving this reader ready for another ride. I will definitely be on board for book two!

Temping is Hell is funny, sexy, at-the-edge-of-your-seat fun! Highly recommended.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Temping Is Hell.