Yvensong's Reviews > Life As We Knew It

Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer

2035613
Apr 27, 12

bookshelves: ya-and-children, audio, library, science-fiction
Read from April 24 to 27, 2012, read count: 1

This may not be one of the best books I've read, but it sure left its impact. I found myself involved with every crisis, small and big, that MC and her family faced. I wondered how I would face them. Would I have the fortitude to survive such a devastating hit upon the planet?

Sometimes the MC's attitude would get on my nerves, yet she is young, and I think the author did a good job capturing the mind of a young girl wanting everything to just go back to normal. She sometimes seemed spoiled, sometimes irrational, but, through her diary she learns to find her way of dealing with the new reality.

The realism was intense and I felt like the author did her homework in regards to the effects of such a cataclysmic event, which added to the sense of realism.

The MC's strong voice, made real by the reader, Emily Bauer, added considerably to this end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it tale. I usually have a difficult time with sticking to audio books, but this one had me eagerly looking forward to time where'd I'd get to find out what was going to happen next.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life As We Knew It.

04/25/2012 page 4