Christina's Reviews > Rhett Butler's People

it was ok
bookshelves: 2008, own
Recommended for: Nobody!!!
Read in January, 2008

Rambling waste of time! My original thought was that this was going to be bad but a woman I work with loved it and since she and I often have similar tastes I changed my mind. Excitedly, I put it on my Christmas wish list and was so happy when I got it I started it as soon as i finished the book I had been reading.

Well, it has been how long since and I am finally finishing it. I just didn't care!!! It wandered from character to character failing to flush them out enough for me to keep them all straight and yet I continued to read because it was a gift.

I know it is hard to compete with a book of such magnitude, so my thought is don't do it! The only reason I didn't give it a one is because the few mentions of Rhett and Scarlett that actually peaked my interest made me want to reread GWTW again, so it couldn't have been all bad. Seriously though, so many good books out there wasting time with this one isn't worth it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rhett Butler's People.