LMM's Reviews > Moon Called

Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

Aug 31, 09

bookshelves: overrated, paranormal-pnr
Read in March, 2009

I was really excited to read this series I had heard so many great things about it but I found I was really disappointed with the series as a whole

This book started off really promising for me but as it continued & by the time it ended, I just wasn't sure what to make of Mercy. It seemed as if Brigg's was also still trying to figure her out as well & therefore Mercy kind of fell flat for me.

The other characters were interesting enough, Adam, Stefan & Samuel especially but I found the plot very predictable which added to my disappointment.

I also felt Briggs was really gun shy about any sort of sexuality & I have to admit I am tired of reading about virgins or almost-virgins. For once I would like a female lead who can own her sexuality & live with it just fine. For cripes sake it's 2009.

Also - I felt Brigg's kind of lacked description her characters physically. She would give snippets here & there but I never got a real sense. On the covers Mercy is covered in Tattoo's but in the book she only has one.

In the end, I do think there are far better series & heroines to get attached to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moon Called.