Michelle's Reviews > Cool It: The Skeptical Environmentalist's Guide to Global Warming

Cool It by Bjørn Lomborg

Feb 17, 09

bookshelves: politics-economics, science-issues
Read in February, 2009

On my "most important reads of 2009" informal list at the moment. This little book is a tour de force of sound reasoning. I'm so glad I found it, as I had been prone to stomping up and down my house muttering "Moby Dick, Moby" Oh, no, wrong life. OK. Muttering "Cost-benefit analysis---why isn't anyone doing global warming cost-benefit analysis? Have we all collectively lost our minds?"
If you've ever been concerned about the environment but secretly been wondering if we are all being stampeded like panicked cattle to a environmentalist-predetermined location, this book is like a tonic. Yes, someone on earth IS thinking about DIFFERENT solutions to possible climate-change scenarios, which ones are most practical, most cost-effective, and help the most people. Whew. Now how do we get people to LISTEN to Bjorg Lomborg's well-reasoned and practical book?
He has planned a more extended version with more data which I will try to locate, but this book is a GREAT start and a good thing to have in hand when our eyes and ears are assaulted by the deliberate hyperbole and planned paranoia of the global warming crowd.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cool It.