Jacki's Reviews > The Book of Bright Ideas

The Book of Bright Ideas by Sandra Kring

Feb 16, 09

Read in February, 2009

I thought this book was alright, what bothered me was just how cliche it was. It was just these spunky, 'different' people that move into this town of boring people and spice things up. Antics ensue. You know the drift. I don't know, I wanted to be in love with it, but I just felt like I had read it all before. Even the too-cute name 'Button' got on my nerves a little.

The redeeming factor for me was that it was written from a 9 year old girl's perceptive & was kind of a journal of her growing up that summer and how thing seemed to her. I'm a sucker for books written from a child's perspective & the little girls in this book won me over.

The other stuff: the situations, the 'climax', the men in the story, they just all seemed kind of cookie cutter. Had it not been for the nice, fresh perspective and innocence of the kids, I would have not liked this book at all.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Bright Ideas.

Lianne Thanks for posting your review! I've had this book on my shelf for several months, and can't decide whether to read it or send it back out through PBS.