Don Bradshaw's Reviews > New York Christmas

New York Christmas by R.J. Scott

Reviewed on Hearts On Fire... http://heartsonfirereviews.com/

This was the perfect story to put me in the Christmas spirit as it evoked memories of watching the tree in Rockefeller Center being lit and the fun of being in the City at Christmastime. Chris Matthews are an very good teacher who's down on his luck because of a scandal at the school he taught at. He has no where to turn but to his good friend Amelia for a room to live in and a job in her coffee shop. Chris doesn't mind hustling muffins but needs a little Christmas miracle to get back on track. His miracle walks into the coffee shop in the form of a hot N. Y. cop named Daniel Bailey who Chris had tutored seven years ago back in college. It seems though that Daniel is out for more than Chris's muffins. Ms Scott delivered a smooth, well written, feel good Christmas romance. The story is a little different because it is written by dates beginning on November 21st and ending on January 30th which gives the story a nice time line to follow. There are some interesting plot twists and just enough angst to make Chris and Daniel real. Ame is a real hoot and a fun mother type of character who reminds me of an author that I know. The story is fairly short at just under 100 pages but Ms Scott managed to pack in enough action and spice to keep me turning pages and finding her trademark HEA. If you're looking at the days ticking by and just don't feel the spirit, pick up this wonderful, heart warming romance and you'll be looking forward to the holiday again.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New York Christmas.