Eva Leger's Reviews > Margaux with an X

Margaux with an X by Ron Koertge

Jun 17, 10

bookshelves: b-fiction, y-a
Recommended to Eva by: I forget where I found out about this book - probably here on GR
Recommended for: I honestly do not know
Read from June 12 to 16, 2010, read count: once

I finally finished this last night. I'm in the dark as to what to say about Margaux With an X. I think it's a good possibility that because I had so much going on when I was in the beginning of the book it really affected my reading.
I think I liked Margaux and I'm pretty sure I liked danny. I liked their relationship - it was different and Koertge portrayed that it's okay to go against the norm with that. You probably couldn't find a high school anywhere in America where a girl like Margaux and a guy like Danny find each other and let the relationship take off. I enjoyed that part a lot.
I think I would have prefered to know Margaux's secret sooner. That may be only because I read a lot of mis-lit and in those books the abuse is well known and known right in the beginning in most cases. Even though this is a totally different book that carried over for me I think. Instead of suspense I just felt impatience.
I am going to add two others books advertised in the back of this book though - it's obvious Koertge knows what he's doing with a pen and I'd like to try another.... hopefully at a time when my life isn't going crazy. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Margaux with an X.

06/12/2010 page 1
1.0% "hopefully this will be better than the last YA I read..."
06/16/2010 page 168
95.0% "this is okay - nothing hitting me real hard.... I don't know how I feel yet about how the author is trying to use lesser known words...."
show 3 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by bjneary (new)

bjneary I liked this book and I am a Ron Koertge fan too!

message 2: by Eva (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eva Leger Oh good! I just read a book I wasn't liking much so I'm really hoping this is better. That gives me hope because I find so many YA books from your updates so I know my taste in that genre is similiar to yours. Thanks for telling me!