~Linda~'s Reviews > Lover Avenged

Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward

May 12, 2009

bookshelves: arc, vampire, signed, own
Read in May, 2009

A Spoiler free review....
OK here it goes.... Hold on to you seatbelts your in for a bumpy ride! :O)
Lover Avenged is a wonderful roller coaster of a ride!! I loved each and every page. There was never a point in Lover Avenged that I was tempted to skip forward a single word. I thought this book was excellent. The pacing was very good and really advanced the story-line arc.
Rehevenge the Symphath has always been a complex character. He is good (brother, son), bad (drug dealer, murderer,all around hard ass), loyal (friend, employer) but newly added to the list is a kind and sympathetic lover! Rehevenge has always thought he would never deserve to be loved.
Elehana is a good person. She is a kind, thoughtful daughter and nurse. Her life has not been an easy one. With her fathers illness and reversal of fortune. She fines it very hard to find time or the energy to have a social life.
All Vampire's know the law that any Symphath has to be reported and sent to the Symphath colony, as soon as they are found out in the Vampire socity.
We get to see many more of our favorites than we have in some of the other books. Wrath,Beth, Thorment, Lassiter, John Mathew, Xhex and iAm. There was a very good balance of story lines. Ms Ward has her Bro banter down to an art form. As well as more of Lash and his new found evil strength.
It has also set up the next book in the series, Lover Mine - John Matthews book, and OMG I can not wait.

I give Lover Avenged ***** outta 5 *'s Tis Awesomeness!! My first perfect read of 2009.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Avenged.

Natalie Very well said. I speed read and I just couldnt with this one - I soaked up every paragraph. Natalie

~Linda~ Natalie wrote: "Very well said. I speed read and I just couldnt with this one - I soaked up every paragraph. Natalie"
Natalie, Thank you very much~ I am new to doing review.
It is one of my favorite series.