Laura's Reviews > Skippyjon Jones

Feb 14, 09

bookshelves: childrens-literature
Recommended for: Colleen and Candace
Read in February, 2009, read count: more than I can count

This is the first book with the infamous skippyjon jones, a siamese catboy who thinks he is a chihuahua. We currently own three of the four.

Parker and I both love these books and they are best read outloud. That is because each book contains a little diddy that includes clapping, lots of rhyming, and fun use of language. I have an atrocious Spanish/Mexican accent, but it sure doesn't stop my from trying (and some of it is spelled out phonetically, which makes it a little easier for a person like me). Also, I LOVE the illustrations, they're so vibrant and fun.

All the books follow the same format. Our little trouble maker Skippyjon has some flagrant violation of the rules and is sent to his bedroom. After jumping on his big boy bed contemplating the error of his ways he inevetiably enters a world of his own creation, becoming El Skipito Friskito, to join with his gang of chihuahua friends on an adventure.

I never get tired of reading any of these books and cannot wait until more are added to the series. Colleen, great, great kids books to have around, and Candace, good books to have when the grandkids come out to visit. :) Skippyjon Jones in Mummy Trouble is my personal favorite, but they're all fabulous.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skippyjon Jones.

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Your review made me want to run out and buy this now! I have two young nephews and a niece and I am trying to build up their libraries - this sounds like a must-own! :)