Cindy's Reviews > Astrid and Veronika

Astrid and Veronika by Linda Olsson

Jan 20, 10

bookshelves: 2009-read, favorites
Read in February, 2009 — I own a copy

A beautiful, wonderfully written story about two women; one at the beginning of her life, the other at the end of her life, who meet and because of this discover hope and love again.
This book is written in such a way that I want to go back and copy parts of it; so poetic and grand.
I recommend this book for anyone who has felt a loss and the accompanying hopelessness that goes along with it. It may just provide you with the spark of hope you needed or the breath of love that was always there.
Five stars to this book which immediately is going on my list of favorites!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Astrid and Veronika.

Quotes Cindy Liked

Linda Olsson
“Take risks! That is really what life is about. We must pursue our own happiness. Nobody has ever lived our lives; ther are no guidelines. Trust your instincts. Accept nothing but the best. But then also look for it carefully. Don't allow it to slip between your fingers. Sometimes, good things come to us in a such a quiet fashion. And nothing comes complete. It is what we make of whatever we encounter that determines the outcome. What we choose to see, what we choose to save. And what we choose to remember. Never foget that all the love in your life is there, inside you, always.”

Linda Olsson
“But once you accept the fact that you have always been alone, and will always be, then your perspective can begin to change. You can become aware of the small kindnesses, the little comforts. Be grateful for them. ”

Linda Olsson
“I think that if we just listen to ourselves we know what it is we have to do . . . . And I have come o think that however much it hurts, however hard it is, we have to listen. We have to live our lives.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holli (new) - added it

Holli Great review! I look forward to reading this one....

Yolanda We so agree on books. I loved this one too.

message 3: by Valerie (new) - added it

Valerie Sounds great! I'm adding it to my ever-expanding list. :)

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Pickering Make it three.

message 5: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura I'll be starting this one - maybe tonight! Your review pushed it way up my list!

Cindy I know you'll enjoy it Laura!! It's been a bit since I read it; maybe it's time for a re-read!!

message 7: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura I was skimming through and found someone (I forget who) having a sobfest (sounded like) - this one's not depressing is it? I am not a fan of those kind as a rule.

Cindy Umm, maybe a little; but it is good.