Tina's Reviews > Keeping the Moon

Feb 16, 2009

it was ok
bookshelves: ya-fiction
Read in February, 2009 , read count: 1

Do to Colie's previous heavy weight and the school rumors, Colie has a low self-esteem. She keeps a cool and rigid facade even though she fears everyone is talking and gawking at her. She keeps everyone at a distant.

She gets a second chance by moving in a small town with her eccentric Aunt Mira for the summer. Mira is outspoken and the outcast in Colby. To Colie's surprise, Mira is able to ignore the towns folk, keep a smile, and hold her head up.

Colie gets a job at the local diner, Last Chance. She final makes friends that teach her to love herself and to believe in her self worth.

The beginning was so slow. Nothing remotely exciting happened until about page 85 ... that's almost half way through. I've never been to interested in Dessen's protagonists. Colie is by far the least fave. It's Dessen's supporting characters that really keep me interested.

Colie has no real interactions with the other characters until almost half way through, contributing to my bordem. From here on out the pace picked up and the book became interesting.

Would I re-read this novel? No.

Would I recommend this novel? No, unless you had nothing else to read and were trying to get through all Dessen novels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keeping the Moon.

02/13/2009 page 8
02/15/2009 page 130
57.02% "Haven't been able to get into this book. I'm a little bored."
02/15/2009 page 167
73.25% "Colie is starting to have more interaction with others. The story finally picked up but the characters seem under developed."
show 1 hidden update…