Kelly Hart's Reviews > Temping Is Hell

Temping Is Hell by Cathy Yardley

Dec 19, 13

Read in January, 2013

Temping is Hell is the first novel in Cathy Yardley’s Necessary Evil series and I gotta say; it was a great start.

As I do a lot, I went into it blind, knowing nothing about it. I didn’t even read the publishers blurb. All I knew was it came from Entangled and they hadn’t sent me a bad book yet.

This book was no exception. From the moment I started reading it, it had me hooked and by the time I was finished, I was completely left wanting more.

Here are the main reasons:

1. It was unique. I haven’t read another book like it. It was about the supernatural, but as opposed to vampires, witches, angels, or werewolves, as I’m very accustomed to, this book was about demons and the selling of souls, which was a very refreshing change.

2. The characters were very well written. Each character in this book was as unique as the book’s subject matter, leading to some very extreme personalities. Also, it’s worth noting, I related to some of the quirks in their extreme personalities. All in all, I thought they were all fleshed out very well and consistent throughout.

3. The book was hilarious. This book was so funny, all the way through. As I already said, each of the characters’ personalities were unique and extreme, and that led to some really hilarious moments throughout the book. Some of the things Kate said, as well as other characters, had me laughing out loud.

4. The chemistry between Kate and Thomas. Kate and Thomas’s chemistry was spot on from their very first meeting, which led me to keep reading and reading and reading in hopes something more than a spontaneous kiss would happen between them.

5. Any book that quotes Sir-Mix-a-Lot is superb. Yes, Sir-Mix-a-Lot. In the scene where Thomas and Kate meet, he walks in on her bopping along and singing Baby Got Back. Enough said.

Anyway …

In conclusion, I really enjoyed reading this book and hope that a second book in this series is comes sooner, rather than later. It was a very quick and very enjoyable read that I’d definitely recommend, and that’s why I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.

Disclaimer: An eBook copy of this novel was supplied to me for review by the publisher and everything I have said is of my own honest opinion. I have not been paid to review this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Temping Is Hell.