Kayla's Reviews > Art Geeks and Prom Queens

Art Geeks and Prom Queens
By Alyson Noel
St.Martin's Griffin
ISBN:0312336365

"She holds up the denim mini skirt and sparkly tanktop she gave me right after she broke the news about moving, as if it were no more than a simple costume change and that they weren't really wrecking my life" (Noel 1). Not everyone has to start over, to leave one place and go to another. New school, new house, no friends, and a mom who wants only what's "best" for her daughter.

Rio and her mom have moved from the fast pace of New York to sunny California. Her mom wants her to be the popular, juicy coture wearing girl that everyone notices, but Rio doesn't want to be that. But her very first day at school, she succumbs to her mother's outfits, and does to school in a hot pink sweatsuit. Rio is stil Rio and her outfit doesn't stop her from being herself when she goes to her art class and then out with people her mom wouldn't approve of. Even though one guy is super hot to her. When she tries to fit in, it leads her to the top of the social pyramid but what goes up has to come down.

I liked this book because it was entertaining. There wasn't anything new about it. I really liked the ending because of what Rio learns. I thought overall it was a good book even though it was pretty predictable. I would recommend it to someone who wants a quick read that's fairly short and entertaining. I think anyone could benefit from reading it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Art Geeks and Prom Queens.