Brunette Librarian's Reviews > How to Misbehave

How to Misbehave by Ruthie Knox

Dec 27, 12

Read from December 05 to 06, 2012

Ruthie Knox knocks my socks off time and time again. I know its corny but its sooo true! As I was beginning How to Misbehave, I couldn’t help thinking...Knox’s other books take place on a) a country wide bicycle ride and b) subway stations and tunnels. Why would I be surprised that her newest book takes place during a tornado?

How to Misbehave begins with a storm; a huge, huge storm that has sirens blaring and tornadoes firing everywhere. Finding shelter in a basement with Tony isn’t exactly what Amber had planned on doing when she arrived at work. She’s the stereotypical good girl, catholic school, two boyfriends, no cursing. He’s everything she’s not.

Tony is also apprehensive of Amber. She’s shy but he’s intrigued. And its in the darkness of the basement, where they find what lies beneath each other's outward appearances. Tony is scared of the dark and Amber may be a little more naughty than she’s been led to believe.

A classic case of opposites attracting, I think the reason I liked this novella so much was its realness. In life there is awkwardness, there are uncomfortable silences. I think so many romances today are just instant attraction, and while these two did like one another I don’t think it was until it was completely dark and they bared themselves emotionally that they truly connected.

Knox’s trademark wit and hilarity are very apparent in Tony and Amber’s interactions. He knew exactly what to say to needle her and I spent most of the book smiling and shaking my head at his orneriness.

I really really really liked this book, can you tell? I will give a note of caution however, when you finish this one, immediately buy Along Came Trouble because its just as good if not better and the hero is Amber’s brother. Utterly unique and definitely an emerging author (a new favorite of mine, to be sure) Ruthie Knox’s new title makes me want to misbehave, if just a little if my reward is Tony.

To find more reviews like this and my thoughts on Ruthie's other books, check out: The Brunette Librarian's Blog
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Misbehave.