Brunette Librarian's Reviews > Along Came Trouble

Along Came Trouble by Ruthie Knox

Dec 27, 12

Read from December 06 to 07, 2012

Oh my gosh. Seriously. I keep repeating how much I enjoy Knox’s writing and how it can’t possibly get any better and I am always proven wrong. Along Came Trouble is my fourth Ruthie Knox book and I can safely say that I have loved each and every one.
    Along Came Trouble begins with a bang and whole lot of chaos. Ellen’s brother is a rockstar who has a rocky romance going on with her neighbor, hence a need for Ellen and her son to have security from all the crazy paparazzi. Yet when that security actually shows up, Ellen doesn’t want any part of it. Being an independent female, she thinks and knows she can take care of her own family and doesn’t need the silly precautions.
    Knowing the way great romances go, can’t you imagine that the said “silly” security wiould be any other than her HEA, Caleb? After spending years in the military and on deployment, when Caleb finally returns to his hometown, he opens a security business. Trying to help his parents, reconnect with his sisters, and begin his own business has Caleb in a tailspin and stressed to the max. Yet when he meets Ellen, who is headstrong and wants absolutely nothing to do with him or his supposed security.

“I snuck out for the first time in my life this morning and got caught .” “The first time in your life?” “And then I ran into my ex-husband, which I try very hard never to do and he called me ‘Els’ and told me he wanted to see more of me and Henry, which is nightmarishly bad.” “And then this big, angry man showed up and drilled holes in my house -” “And played with your kid for an hour.” “-and gave my son all kinds of ideas about how he should get his own screwdriver, and maybe a drill for his birthday. And this obnoxious guy sent circus-freak workmen over to make even larger holes in my house without permission -” Caleb pointed his index finger, a pistol of emphasis, and said, “Because he’s trying to keep you safe, despite your stubbornness .”

Caleb and Ellen are so perfectly matched. They are both so independent and just so straight forward, which ensures the verbal sparring between the two is superb! Ruthie Knox’s stories are always fun but perhaps my favorite aspect of her novels is the interactions between her characters. Original and just plain fun, she can take you from a smile to an out loud laugh in just moments.

For more reviews and my thoughts on Ruthie's other books - Check out: The Brunette Librarian's Blog
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Along Came Trouble.