SmarterLilac's Reviews > Good in Bed

2025000
Feb 13, 2009

it was ok
Read in April, 2003

The third worst book I have ever read. I just cannot stand main characters who portray themselves as perpetually victimized, while refusing to take any responsibility for removing themselves from the victim-state. It didn't help that I felt the author intentionally 'crafted' her characters to be as pathetic as possible, then framed the story in such a way as to imply the reader has no right to condemn any of them for their decisions. Insultingly bad, even for a genre (I refuse to call this anything but 'chicklit') that has set the bar pretty low.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good in Bed.

02/07/2016 marked as: read

April What are the other two books? I hated this one as well!

message 2: by SmarterLilac (last edited Apr 08, 2016 05:40PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

SmarterLilac At the time I read this, I think the worst books I can remember reading were Alice Sebold's The Lovely Bones, and David Guterson's The Country Ahead of Us, the Country Behind, which has the distinction of being the worst book I've read from an otherwise talented novelist.

Since Good In Bed, the worst published thing I've encountered is Glen Beck's Arguing With Idiots. It reminds me of a comic book. Written by a fascist.

Jamie I totally agree!