Victoria's Reviews > Winter of the World

Winter of the World by Ken Follett

Nov 23, 12

I must admit it: I fell in love with Ken Follet the moment Fall of Giants fell into my hands. It was us beautifully written, fast paced and incredibly simple to understand (desire all the political interludes that were going on in the world at the moment and the large group of characters) that I couldn't wait to get my hands on Winter of the World, book two of the Century Trilogy. Yet I must be honest to myself, I didn't love Winter of the World as much as Fall of Giants. I really don't know why, it had the same type of writing, intrigues, explanatory political views and action that the previous book had, but I was like Mr. Follet had fallen out of love with his characters. Like he had forgotten to show their essence. There are some good characters that made me laugh, but instead of focusing in the political views and the war, Mr. Follet spend most of the book in parties and social events that had nothing to do with the main plot of the book. Or maybe I was just confused about that. Nonetheless, for those who loved Fall of Giants and are eager to read more on some of the characters we had fallen in love with on the previous version, Winter of the World is for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winter of the World.