SuperWendy's Reviews > Bettie Page Presents: The Librarian

Bettie Page Presents by Logan Belle

Nov 25, 12

Read from November 23 to 25, 2012

Regina gets her dream job at the main branch of the New York Public Library fresh out of library school. She's shy, unsure of herself, and naturally....a virgin. Normally the automatic shorthand of librarian = timid little mouse gets on my last good nerve but the author at least lays some groundwork on why Regina is the way she is. Although honestly, a librarian fresh out of school being as clueless as Regina is about social networking would just NOT happen.

Anyhoodle.....

She meets Sebastian, a major library benefactor she spies getting his groove thang on in a private collection room that his family's money funded. Naturally he's a Dom and naturally he thinks she would make the perfect sub and before you can say Yes Another BDSM Book - off we go the races.

I was over this recent trend of BDSM in seemingly all erotica before it even got started - but it's less annoying in this book than it has been in others for me. Sebastian is a condescending jackass, but he's less of a condescending jackass than other heroes of this ilk. I also liked many of the secondary characters, and I happily kept chugging along - thinking this would end up being an "OK" read for me until the ending.

Yeah, that ending.

That ending that sent my feminist panties into such a bunch that it's probably going to take me about a week to unwad them.

Apparently "dream jobs" don't matter so much when you land a hunky studly man. Especially when said hunky studly man is a Dom, so he'll tell you what to do, what to wear, where to live and buy everything you could possibly need or want out of life - so hey, don't worry your pretty little head about "dream jobs" cupcake. Daddy is here now to take care of all it.

Bah humbug.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bettie Page Presents.