Jules's Reviews > Wool Omnibus

Wool Omnibus by Hugh Howey

Nov 23, 12

I joined GoodReads today for the sole purpose of complimenting Mr. Howey on the rare degree to which he's managed to captivate my attention with this series. Good job, Hugh, I'm completely obsessed!

For me, the mental vortex was instant. Within the first few descriptive paragraphs my imagination was pulled entirely into a story of human strength cultivating in spite of an environment that's been plagued with either atmospheric or governmental toxicity, depending on which side of the silo door one is standing on. I was quickly able to relate to, and either love or hate, the characters who were "placed there by fate, but define themselves by how they move forward".

This Silo Series you've created, Mr. Howey, has raptured my concentration out of everyday life with so little regard for my daily tasks. It's like you don't even care that my dishes are stacking up while I'm glued to my kindle! So I think you owe me a favor for all of my stolen focus...

Would you please tell my family that there's no need to schedule an intervention and that I apologize for my fiendish behavior lately? It's just that I... well, I... I just NEED to read this next installment! And without having read WOOL for themselves, I fear my loved ones just don't understand.

Scratch that. Better idea.

I shall force their eyes to taste even just the first drips of awesomeness that ooze from this storyline and then they will know firsthand my need for more. Yes, that's it. I will spawn this science fiction addiction just like I did "back in the day" with the tv series, LOST! Mr. Howey, meet your newest WOOL pusher. :) *Scratch, scratch. Twitch, twitch.* You guys just gotta try this stuff!!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wool Omnibus.